Lesson 7 Review
- Identify whether each classifier below is a naming classifier, a counting classifier, or both.
- ~nichi/~ka b) ~fun/pun c) ~shuu d) ~kagetsu e) ~nen f) ~ gatsu g) ~sai
- How do you make the Informal style of adjective sentences? Noun sentences?
- What are the two ways to count human age?
- Explain the two systems to name years in the Japan calendar.
- The verb te form is used in many ways, but what are the two ways that were introduced in this lesson?
- Explain three ways to ask for water.
- Explain three ways to ask someone to call you.
- What is the difference in meaning among the following:
- Explain the difference of the particle to between the following:
Tokyou to Kyouto ni ikimashita. Tomodachi to Kyouto ni ikimashita.
- Fill in the blanks below with the most appropriate particle(s). If no particle is possible, enter Z.
- You’ve heard a supervisor is taking a business trip. Find out where to?
- Ask the intern to send the file to Ms. Honda.
Tanaka-kun, Honda-san fairu, okutte.
- Ask a co-worker in what year she went to France.
Nan-nen Furansu ni ikimahsita ka.
- Ask a co-worker for how many years she went to France.
Nan-nen furansu ni ikimashita ka.
- Ask a co-worker is she is going to France next year.
Rainen Furansu ni ikimasu ka.
- You’ve heard Ms. Honda is getting married. Find out to whom.
- Make a timeline for a group project. It should include: What tasks need to be done
When and where they need to be done
Who is assigned to each task, alone or with someone
- Explain the timeline to your group, assign tasks, and confirm the assignments and timeline with everyone.
- Pretend that after some delays and other problems, the project is finally completed. Exchange feedback with everyone. Be imaginative!
- Review the dates of important historical events.
- In your self-introduction, include important dates from your personal life.
Sample Homework/ Quiz
For each exchange, identify the item under discussion and its time-related information.
Item under discussion
Read each context and circle the item that best fits the blank.
- Context: Ask a coworker to look at this.
Hora! Kore o .1. mimasu 2. mimashou 3. mimasu ka 4. mite kudasai.
- Context: Confirm that the exam is on the 8th.
Shiken wa desu ne.1. yok-ka2, yoo-ka3, hatsu-ka4. hachi-nich
- Context: Politely ask how old the professor is.
Shitsurei-desu kedo, deshou ka.1. nan-nen2. Ikura 3. nan-sai 4.dono gurai
- Context: Find out the arrival date of the package.
tsukimasu ka.1. nan-nichi goro2. nan-nichi gurai
3. yaku nan-nichi4. nan-youbi goro
- Context: Find out a friend’s birthday.
Tanjoubi wa desu ka.1. nan2.nan-sai3 iku-tsu4. itsu
- Context: You’ve been asked what you will do for the vacation.
Kyouto de otera mawarimasu.1. o2. de3. ni4. Ga
- Context: You’ve been asked how long you’ve been in America.
imasu.1. Ichi-gatsu2. Ichi-nen-han 3. Too-ka ni 4. Sengetsu
- Context: You’ve been asked when the deadline is.
desu.1. Is-shuukan 2. Yaku mik-ka3. Raishuu 4. Senshuu
- Context: Adsk a friend in what year he was born.
umare?1. Nan-nen2. Nan-gatsu 3. Nan-nichi 4. Nan-kagetsu
- Context: you’ve been told that the parking fee is 500 yen for one hour.
ni-jikan sen-en desu ne.1. Demo2. Toriaezu3. Are?4 To iu koto wa
- Context: Tell a co-worker that you’ll go and buy gifts.
Omiyage . 1. katte kimasu 2. kaimasu 3. kaette kimasu 4. kaite ikimasu.
- Context: A friend is about to make a presentation at a meeting. Wish her good luck.
Purezen, .1. Omedetou!2. Kanpai!3. Ganbatte!4. Saikou!
13: Context: Ask a friend who sent this email.
Kore dare meeru?1. kara2. kara no3. made4. ga
14: Context: Ask a supervisor to send you he file.
Sumimase. Fairu o okutte . 1. onegai-shimasu 2. kudasai 3. iadakemasen ka 4. ne
15. Context: You are puzzled about a situation. Comment how weird it is.
desu nee.1. imaichi2. kowai3. tsumaranai4. hen
Answer the questions in English.
- There are two systems of naming years in Japan. Explain.
- Change the following into the informal style. Write in Romanization.
Nan-ji desu ka?
Circle the letter of the items that can occur in the blank to make a complete sentence. None, some, or all choices may be correct. For each choice checked as appropriate, provide an English equivalent of the entire sentence.
__________ ni shucchou-shimasu.
- senpai desu.
- kyoukai ni ikimasu
Koko ni _____ kudasai.
_____ no sukejuuru desu.
- Shichi-gatsu made
_____ nai desu.
- Shiryou wa
- Hatachi ja