Skip to content
- What is the difference between ohayou and ohayou gozaimasu?
- What is the difference between arigatou gozaimasu and arigatou gozaimasita?
- What is the difference between sayonara and itte kimasu?
- Which is more polite, arigatou or dou mo?
- Why can’t you attach –san or –sensei to your own name?
- What is the difference between gomen and gomen nasai? Who typically uses the latter?
- What are three ways to use hai?
- When do you use aa? How about jaa?
- What is the Japanese equivalent for “thank you in advance” for the job you’ve just requested?
- Many Japanese equivalents for “thank you” have been introduced so far. How many can you list? Can you describe a typical situation where each can be used?
- What is pitch accent?
- What are the five vowels in Japanese? The long vowels in Japanese? The long consonants?