This Open Educational Resource textbook has been adapted from:
NobaProject // CC BY 4.0 ShareAlike
- Chapter 1 Personality Traits
- Chapter 2 Personality Stability
- Chapter 3 Personality Assessment
- Chapter 7 The Nature-Nurture Question
- Chapter 8 Self-Regulation and Conscientiousness
- Chapter 9 Personality Disorders
- Chapter 11: Happiness: The Science of Subjective Well-Being
open.umn.edu // CC BY 4.0 ShareAlike
- Chapter 4: Sigmund Freud, Karen Horney, Nancy Chodorow: Alternative Views of Psychodynamic Theory
- Chapter 5: Carl Jung
- Chapter 6: Humanistic and Existential Theory: Frankl, Rogers, and Maslow
- Chapter 10: Yoga, Buddhism, Personality and Non-Personality
Please see individual chapters for further citation information.
Chapters and sections were borrowed and adapted from the above existing OER textbooks on personality. Without these foundational texts, a lot more work would have been required to complete this project. Thank you to those who shared before us.
All other content should include the following attribution statement:
This work is licensed under an Attribution NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International, except where otherwise noted. Download this book for free at: https://pdx.pressbooks.pub/thebalanceofpersonality/
Front Cover Photo:
Janith Chanaka at https://www.pexels.com/photo-license / / CC BY 4.0
Special Thanks to:
Amy Stanforth and Karen Bjork at the Portland State University Library for their support in this project.
Open Educational Resources
This text is provided to you as an Open Educational Resource (OER) which you access online. It is designed to give you a comprehensive introduction to personality psychology at no or very nominal cost. It contains both written and graphic text material, intra-text links to other internal material which may aid in understanding topics and concepts, intra-text links to the appendices and glossary for tables and definitions of words, and extra-text links to videos and web material that clarifies and augments topics and concepts.