Portland State University believes that education must be available to everyone which means supporting the creation of free, open, and accessible educational resources. We are actively committed to increasing the accessibility and usability of the textbooks we produce.
Accessibility features of the web version of this resource
The web version of this resource has been designed to meet Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0, level AA.
- It has been optimized for people who use screen-reader technology.
- all content can be navigated using a keyboard
- links, headings, and tables are formatted to work with screen readers
- images have alt tags
- Information is not conveyed by colour alone.
- There is an option to increase font size (see tab on top right of screen).
Other file formats available
In addition to the web version, this book is available in a number of file formats including PDF, EPUB (for eReaders), and various editable files. Here is a link to where you can download this book in another file format. Look for the “Download this book” drop-down menu to select the file type you want.
This book links to a number of external websites. For those using a print copy of this resource, the link text is underlined, and you can find the web addresses for all links in the back matter of the book.